Everything You Need To Know About Built-In Wine Fridges
Built-in wine fridges also called wine coolers allow you to store and serve wines at the correct temperature and fits right in with the rest of your furniture. Wine fridges are essential if you drink wine frequently as well as for those who love to store wines for a longer period of time.
However, wine fridges are not suitable for aging wines. Wine cellars are typically used for aging of wines. When choosing a wine fridge, you should pick one that can fulfill all your requirements, including your size requirements.
You also need to give consideration to appearance as well as overall finish of a wine fridge to make sure that it is a perfect fit for the room you want to put it in. In this article, we will share some tips as well as reveal the best built-in wine coolers on the market at the moment.
Click the item in the table below to skip to your most pressing question, or continue to read the whole review.
What Is A Built-In Wine Cooler?
Freestanding Wine Fridges
This is one of the most suitable solutions for wine enthusiasts because these fridges provide huge space inside and they can be placed anywhere at home. These fridges can be placed in basements that have low temperatures as well as in dining halls or living rooms.
It is important to note that freestanding wines fridges have venting from the back. This makes them unsuitable for enclosed areas or under the counter. If you want to keep this fridge in an enclosed area then you should keep at least four inches of space behind it so that it can vent properly.
Countertop Wine Fridges
This is the best choice for people who have limited floor space in their house. You can even keep these wine fridges underneath your counter to provide more convenient access and space. However, counter top wine fridges tend to have smaller bottle capacity because they have to be small enough to fit on the counter.
Built- In Wine Fridges
Built-in wine fridges are designed for installation in the kitchen and bar areas. You can buy these fridges in different colors, styles and with variable capacities. The capacity of built-in wine fridges ranges from 10 bottles to hundreds of bottles.
These stylish built-in wine coolers make your room look more attractive because they fit right into the rest of the furniture. However, you need to make sure that there is enough space in your kitchen or bar for a built-in wine fridge before buying one.
How To Install A Built-In Wine Fridge?
Installing a brand new built-in wine refrigerator in your home can be an easy task only if you are aware of all its features and specifications. Before you think of installations, you have to make decisions about type, design, style and attributes of your fridge so that it can fulfill all your requirements. Here are the main steps for installation of a built-in wine fridge:
First of all you need to check its specifications to check whether it does ventilation to the back or towards the front side so that its placement can be done accordingly.
You then need to measure the space where you want to fit the wine fridge and compare it with the space requirements of your chosen fridge. Most of standard fridge types range between 15 to 30 inches in dimension so you can plan your space accordingly.
Check that there is an electrical source near the fridge space so that it can be easily connected. If you do not have a connection nearby then you can use an extension to this area but you need to make sure that this will be a safe arrangement.
Finally, you have to fit your fridge in the desired space. Ensure that it fixes perfectly over the provided mounting slots. Plug your power supply cord from both sides and then run your fridge. Wait for when it starts the cooling process and ensure that the temperature reaches the desired level.
What Is The Best Built-In Wine Cooler?
There are different categories to consider when you are thinking of buying a built-in wine fridge. We have searched the internet high and low for user reviews and have provided a list below of the best built-in wine fridge in each category.
What Is The Best Compact Built-In Wine Fridge?
The EdgeStar 18 bottle built-in wine cooler is one of the best compact built-in wine fridges currently on the market. It has the following features:
- It has a capacity of 18 bottles which is great for the not so frequent wine drinker
- It is single zone which means that it has only one compartment with one set of temperature controls which means that you will be able to store either reds or whites but not both
- It is very easy to operate with its one touch digital temperature control
- The fridge is only 12 inches wide which is small enough to fit anywhere in your home
- It has powerful circulation fans to ensure even cooling
- It has an attractive elegant design which will be a great addition to your home
People who have used this wine fridge have nothing bad to say about it. It certainly is the best wine fridge in this category.
What Is The Best Dual Zone Built-In Wine Cooler?
The EdgeStar 36 bottle built-in wine fridge is one of the best dual zone built-in wine fridges on the market according to user reviews. It has the following features:
- It has a capacity of 36 bottles which is big enough for most people
- The wine fridge also has the option of being a freestanding wine fridge which provides additional flexibility in case you want to move its location in the future
- It is dual zone which means that it has two separate compartments with two sets of temperature controls allowing you to store both reds and whites
- It has an elegant design with French door layout which will blend in well with the rest of your décor
- It also features soft interior lighting which will showcase your prized wines nicely
- It has tinted glass doors which protect your wine from harmful UV rays which can change the chemical makeup of your wine and affect its taste
- It features a lock on both doors which is useful if you have young kids
- It has easy to operate digital controls
The only concern from a couple of users seems to be that the wine fridge makes a little noise and it not completely quiet. If that is a major concern for you, then you should go for the thermoelectric wine fridge recommended below.
What Is The Best Thermoelectric Dual Zone Built-In Wine Fridge?
Sadly, there is not a lot of choice when it comes to thermoelectric dual zone built-in wine fridges. See our article here for information on the best thermoelectric wine cooler.
What Is The Best Built-In Wine Fridge For The Avid Wine Collector?
If you are an avid wine drinker who likes their fine wine or need a built-in wine fridge for your business, then the NewAir-1600DB Premier Gold Series wine cooler is the best in this category. Its main features are below:
- Storage capacity of 160 bottles
- Dual zone for storing both whites and reds at the same time
- It offers both freestanding and built-in installation options which offers additional flexibility
- It features gold LED interior lighting with multiple brightness settings so that you can show off your wine collection
- Triple layer glass protects your wine from harmful UV rays which affects the chemical makeup of your wine and spoils its taste
- Three-rail sliding which allows for shelves to extend more than standard units and allows for the shelves to slide back in much more easily
If you need even bigger storage capacity then we recommend going for the Edgestar 332 bottle wine fridge which has the best reviews for wine coolers of that size.
What Is The Best Compact Built-In Beverage Center?
If you want to store wine bottles and beverages, then the best compact wine and beverage cooler according to built-in wine cooler reviews is the NewAir AWB-360DB. It has the following features:
- Storage capacity for 18 bottles and 60 cans
- Easy operation with digital temperature controls
- French doors which can be locked
- Dual zone which means that you it has separate compartments for your wines and beverages so that you can store them at different temperatures
- Can be used as a built-in or freestanding unit which provides additional flexibility
What Is The Best Big Capacity Built-In Wine And Beverage Center?
- Storage capacity for 53 bottles and 148 cans
- It offers both freestanding and built-in installation options
- Ease of operation with its electronic touch temperature controls
- Security locks on doors
- LED interior lighting which makes it easier to locate your wine and also showcases them nicely
Where To Buy Built-In Wine Fridges?
If you are looking for a good deal when it comes to buying a built-in wine fridge then the best place is Amazon. You can easily find all the popular models discussed above on Amazon. Amazon also gives you the best price compared to other resellers and you will enjoy free shipping most of the time.
Photo by okchomeseller